Artist Management for the Music Business: Manage Your Career in Music: Manage the Music Careers of Others, 5th Edition
Anyone managing an artist’s career needs to be well versed and have a savvy understanding of the moving parts of the music business. Learn how and why those moving parts “move,” as well as how to manage and navigate a music-based career.
Artist Management for the Music Business gives a comprehensive view of how to generate income through music and how to strategically plan for future growth. The book is full of valuable practical insights. It includes interviews and case studies with examples of real-world management issues and outcomes.
Updates to this new edition include a new chapter for independent, self-managing artists, expanded and updated sections on networking, social media, and streaming, and a basic introduction to data analytics for the music business.
This book gives access to resources about artist management and the music business at its companion website, www.artistmanagementonline.com.
List of Tables:
- Chapter 1 – Artist Management Principles
- Chapter 2 – Preparing to Manage
- Chapter 3 – Entrepreneurship
- Chapter 4 – The Artist Prepares to be Managed
- Chapter 5 – Lessons in Artist Management
- Chapter 6 – The Indie Artist
- Chapter 7 – The Artist Management Contract
- Chapter 8 – A Planning Primer for the Artist Manager