Beginner Guitar Course 2022 TUTORIAL
The Beginner Guitar Course – Level I will introduce you to basic concepts and techniques necessary to begin the journey of learning to play guitar. It is a well thought out approach that offers building blocks to support your knowledge and skills as you gain confidence with your new instrument.
You will have the opportunity to hone your skills with both the right and left hands and apply these skills to featured songs selected specifically to apply what has been learned.Upon completion, you will have accomplished the following: Understand the guitar as an instrument and how to tune itUnderstand how to hold the guitar and a pickLearn all of the common open major chords as well as alternative voicing (plus one minor chord)Understand basic timing and rhythm and to play on the beatDevelop skills and techniques to improve chord transitionsBecome comfortable with 5 Rhythm PatternsUnderstand basic Time Signatures and Notation ValuesBecome comfortable applying skills and knowledge on feature songs presentedThere is something that I’ve known for a long time that I’d like to share.
Playing the guitar is so much more than learning an instrument technically. Our hearts have something very important to say and the guitar helps each of us to express creatively. This is a great gift you can offer to yourself and others. The guitar can be your sanctuary as well as your outlet for creativity. It will help you achieve the flow in life you’ve been looking for.People tell me so often that they would love to learn the guitar. Let’s do this! No prior experience is needed. Find your guitar and let’s play some music together.
Upon completion, you will have accomplished the following:
- Understand the guitar as an instrument and how to tune it
- Understand how to hold the guitar and a pick
- Learn all of the common open major chords as well as alternative voicing (plus one minor chord)
- Understand basic timing and rhythm and to play on the beat
- Develop skills and techniques to improve chord transitions
- Become comfortable with 5 Rhythm Patterns
- Understand basic Time Signatures and Notation Values
- Become comfortable applying skills and knowledge on feature songs presented