Children/Adult Easy Introduction to Piano TUTORIAL
Delighted to share with you my experience and introduction to the piano, and weird and wonderful world of music. I hope this will be the start of a life long love affair that will no doubt infuriate you at times, but will also give you many hours of enjoyment. I start from the very start (with middle C on the piano) and assume absolutely no prior experience of the piano.
This may be good for those playing before and need an elementary course to cover the basics and get you back on track. All material is shown on screen as we play for you to follow and play along. Be sure to master each level before moving to the next. By the end of the course you will be able to read the ten notes of each finger, with thumbs on middle C (from F below middle C to G above middle C), and have a good foundation in reading music, including note pitches, values and rests. For younger children learning (maybe 8 and under) I would recommend an adult supervising, and perhaps learning too. Adults and teenagers will go through the sessions faster, but with busy schedules are too often short on time, so its important to be purposeful with regular practice. It doesn’t need to be long – just 10/15mins a day at this stage. As with all things – practice makes perfect!!!!
- Section 1: Introduction – Lets go!!!
- Lecture 1 Introduction
- Section 2: Lesson 2 – New Note D & B
- Lecture 2 The Train & The Seabees
- Section 3: Lesson 3 – Time Signatures and the Dotted Minim
- Lecture 3 March of the Gnomes and Dance of the Gnomes
- Section 4: New Notes E and A
- Lecture 4 Mary Had a Little Lamb & The Paratrooper
- Section 5: Both Hands and more counting
- Lecture 5 Marching Up & Down and Ragtime Raggles
- Section 6: New Note Left hand G and Hands at the same time!!
- Lecture 6 The Chimes and Funny Faces
- Section 7: Three Notes Together and Rests
- Lecture 7 Old MacDonald and Blow the Man Down
- Section 8: New Note F with Right Hand
- Lecture 8 The Chimes and Yankee Doodle
- Section 9: Tied Notes and Keep Reading Carefully!!
- Lecture 9 Down a River and Carry Me Back (various titles for these in different editions)
- Section 10: New Note G with Right Hand
- Lecture 10 Down a River and Carry Me Back (various titles for these in different editions)
- Section 11: New Note F with Left Hand
- Lecture 11 Ina Rickshaw and The Banjo Picker
- Section 12: New Note F with Left Hand
- Lecture 12 In a Rickshaw and The Banjo Picker
- Section 13: You Made It!!! Princess Waltz
- Lecture 13 Princess Waltz – Well Done