Electronic Music Production for Beginners TUTORIAL
In this class, I will introduce you to producing electronic music on your computer, using free, open source software. This class is intended for beginners, whether you are musically trained or not.
Ever wanted to make your own electronic music, but not sure where to start?
Hi, my name is Donny. I love making music and have released over 100 tracks. I produce under the name Depth Death and my own name. I’ve also been teaching people how to make their own music and that is the basis for this class.
All you need for the class is a computer (laptop or desktop, Mac, Windows or Linux).
- First, we will be installing the software: a 100% free, open source Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
- Next we will make a looping drum beat, add bass and a lead.
- Finally, we will expand the loop and add a variation.
- Then you can export your track and share it with the Skillshare community and the world!
Lessons in This Class
- 1. Intro
- 2. the DAW
- 3. Making beats: the Kick
- 4. Snares and Hi-Hats
- 5. Bass
- 6. the Lead
- 7. Changing Sounds
- 8. Beats and Bars
- 9. Exporting
- 10. Sharing your music
- 11. Outro
- 12. extra: entire process unedited