Puremagnetik Ember v1.0.1 [WIN & MacOS]
Ember | Microsound Collage Machine
Ember is a sophisticated microsound collage tool that employs granular resynthesis to configure complex sound composites. Inspired by musique concrète pioneers of the past several decades, Ember harnesses modern digital algorithms with classic splicing techniques to create dense and evolving soundscapes. Point it to a folder of sounds and Ember will generate a composite of granular textures that you can later use in your electronic composition process.
Ember employs granular resynthesis in the powerful Csound sound programming language to explore a collage of sounds on the particle level. Select a folder containing more than one sound and an output folder. Hit “Render” and Ember pulls a number of sounds from the folder and selects a playback slice from each one. It then creates granular composites of all sounds together with various time stretching, density and spatial algorithms.
- Composite Time – The length of the output recording (in seconds)
- Min Sound Dur – the minimum length to slice a sound (in seconds)
- Max Sound Dur – the maximum length to slice a sound (in seconds)
- BINARL – Create a spatial audio (binaural) mix
- RENDER – Load the samples and begin processing. Abort the recording by pressing it again
- OSX 10.8 or Windows 10 x64
- Audio Units or VST compatible audio host