Sound & Recording: Applications & Theory, 8th Edition
Providing vital reading for audio students and trainee engineers, Sound and Recording is the essential guide for anyone who wants a solid grounding in both theory and industry practices in audio, sound, and recording. This updated and comprehensively restructured edition includes new content on DAW configuration, effects processing, 3D/immersive audio systems, object-based audio, and VR audio technology.
This bestselling book introduces you to the principles of sound, perception, audio technology, and systems. Sound and Recording is the ideal audio engineering text for students, an accessible reference for professionals, and a comprehensive introduction for hobbyists.
Table of Contents:
- Preface to the second edition
- Preface to the third edition
- Preface to the fourth edition
- Preface to the fifth edition
- Preface to the sixth edition
- Preface to the seventh edition
- Preface to the eighth edition
- Chapter 1: Audio and Acoustics Fundamentals
- Chapter 2: Auditory Perception and Sound Quality
- Chapter 3: Microphones