TDR Kotelnikov GE v1.6.4 VST2 VST3 AU AAX [WIN & MAC]
TDR Kotelnikov is a wideband dynamics processor combining high fidelity dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility. As a descendant of the venerable TDR Feedback Compressor product family, Kotelnikov has directly inherited several unique features such as a proven control scheme, individual release control for peak and RMS content, an intuitive user interface, and powerful, state of the art, high-precision algorithms.
With a sonic signature best described as “stealthy”, Kotelnikov has the ability to manipulate the dynamic range by dramatic amounts, while carefully preserving the original tone, timbre and punch of a musical signal. As such, it is perfectly suited to stereo bus compression as well as other critical applications.
The “Gentleman’s Edition” (GE) adds several improvements to the standard edition’s feature set. The most obvious being an intuitive access to various equal loudness workflows, the ability to specify ratio in a frequency dependent manner, as well as a powerful sidechain high-pass filter allowing continuously variable access over slope and frequency. The Yin/Yang functions allow manipulating the harmonic pattern produced during compression, and the “insane” quality mode increases processing fidelity even further.
Kotelnikov does not try to to emulate any previously available device. The concept is a proud digital processor, it is the original!
Key specs and features
- 64bit multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
- “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
- “Crest factor” based control scheme offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible sidechain highpass filter offering continuously variable control over slope and frequency
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview (difference between compressed and original signal)
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted)
- Extensive documentation
- User interface rescaling (100%, 125%, 150%)
The Gentleman’s Edition adds following features:
- External sidechain input
- Inertia timing mode
- Continuously variable control over “low relax” slope
- Left/Right sensitivity
- Powerful frequency dependent ratio function (FDR)
- Gain reduction limit control
- Yin/Yang modes (manipulates the compressor’s own distortion behaviour)
- Equal loudness output gain trimming
- Equal loudness bypass
- Additional quality modes “Insane” and “Live” (low latency)
- New “Advanced” stereo linking mode
- 10 additional user preset slots