The New Solo Frame Drum KONTAKT
The New Solo Framedrums is the most comprehensive and deep-sampled collection of individual Framedrumson the market. The library is a completely remastered, redesigned and reprogrammed edition of our original Epic Solo Taiko Drums.
The Framedrum represents one of the most widespread and versatile families of drums – with a history crossing through ancient Middle East, India, Rome and through a variety of Islamic cultures. The Framedrum defined by the simple characteristic that the width of the drumhead is greater then its depth, but besides from that the Frame Drum comes in thousands of variations. It is known for its distinct sustained sound and its multi-resonant qualities.
The New Solo Framedrum VST is the most comprehensive and deep-sampled collection of large-scale Solo Framedrums on the market. The library is a completely remastered, redesigned and reprogrammed edition of our original Solo Framedrums. The New Solo Framedrums contains over 2.500 samples, ensemble and solo frame drums, more then 1000 ensemble loops, built-in articulation browser, internal step-sequencer, front-face FX, textural convolutions and our newest 3.4 Chaos Engine.
The Framedrum is traditionally tuned with straps or lugs, while others are permanently set at a fixed pitch. Many also incorporate beads, rattles, cymbals, jingles, rings, bells, snares or other accessories, to augment the primary sound and add specialized auxiliary articulations. Some are played with hands, while others use thin sticks, thick bones, soft mallets, combs, brushes and other specialized tools to produce a huge range of unique musical tones and effects. Some members of the Framedrum family may even lack a striking head and rely entirely on rattles or other elements to produce their sound.
The library contains 2 styles of Irish Bodhrán, one African Tar drum and a North American tribal buffalo hide shamanic drum. We captured them in a close dry studio setting, covering both traditional and expanded playing styles and articulations. The first Bodhrán is nearly 3 feet wide, with a massive low end much like a concert bass drum. The second is a deep shelled medium sized drum with powerful, clear tonality. The smallest, a tar drum, has a crisp, sharp ring. Our Buffalo drum has a flat, tight sound with a massive subsonic bass blast.
The library truly covers the traditional sound of resonating Framedrum. The library was also designed to be used in conjunction with our “Epic Frame Drums” library, which is focused on capturing big sound ensemble frames and over 1.100 loops. The two libraries makes the perfect couple, since “New Solo Framedrums” covers some of the more intimate and deep sounds – where “Epic Frame Drums” covers more that brutal, big, bad-ass type of sound used in epic scores.
The New Solo Framedrums contains a new integrated browser that gives you instant access to the entire library collection. The browser allows you find any articulation in the library with a single click and with virtually no load-time. The browser also gives you access to master articulations – where you have the entire sets of Solo Framedrums laid out on the keyboard for maximum control, ease-of use and instant fun.
Textural Convolutions is a new way of using convolution to create textural delays. The idea is to use non-conventional convolution impulses to augment the existing sound. So when the instrument delays – you will not just get a normal delay of the instrument, but also get the delay and texture of the convolution. This concept is called Textural Convolutions and we hand-crafted over 130 impulses for the Framedrums. The Textural Convolutions can also be randomized.
The New Solo Framedrums comes with a built-in step-sequencing – allowing you to program the drums with ultra precision and tightness. The step-sequencer allows you to create advanced rhythms in any signature rhythm and with both velocity layering and round-robin. In addition you can choose what tempo you want it to play at and even play in triplets too.
The New Solo Framedrums also contains an entire new set of effects on the front of the user interface. You have instant control over dynamics, filters, pitch and micro-pitch, delays, bit-crusher and our new textural convolution delay called transform, which contains over 130 custom textural delays. You also have control over microphones and EQ, which are placed on the sides of the effects section.
Chaos FX 3.4
Our new 3.4 FX CHAOS Engine gives you deep access to Filters, Step-Based Filter Sequencer, EQ, Bit-Crusher, Distortion, Dual-Stereo Delay, Convolution Reverb and our new expanded Transform section, which now contains over 130 impulses, including our new textural convolutions. The 3.4 FX CHAOS Engine also allows you to randomize each effect with a single click.
- The deepest multi-sampled solo Framedrum library ever recorded, with over 3000 samples.
- 4 different Framedrums, covering of various sizes and origins
- Recorded naturally dry and wide in a warm, intimate studio environment
- Deep multi-sampling, with 10X Round robin on all notes as many as 16 velocity layers for truly dynamic playability and realism.
- Half-step instant retuning with key-switching, attack, palm-mute/decay shaping and custom convolution reverb controls with unique real-world and sound
- designed impulse files.
- Master mega-patch, in both full and “lite” version
- Individual preset collections for each drum
- Tuned and un-tuned patches
- Individual articulation patches for each mallet type and hands
- Single articulation patches for maximum control and “tuned percussion” style playing.
- A wide variety of mallet types and hand positions, including soft, hard, wood, brushes and hands.
- 14 instrument patches, 3138 Samples
- 775 MB installed (using lossless compression)
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo .ncw format
- Format(s): Kontakt and .wav
- Kontakt VST / AU / AAX
- Deep sampled Solo Framedrums
- Up to 16 velocity layers / 10 repetition pr. layer
- Recorded with a variety of mallet types
- Recorded with brushes, hands and fingers
- 3000+ Solo Framedrum samples
- Instant Front-Face FX & Textural Convolution Delay
- Bonus: Project Midi Demo (By Troels Folmann)
- Direct download / Cloud Server System
- Full Retail Version of Kontakt 5.5 (or later) Required