Native Instruments Traktor Pro 3 v3.4.0 WIN & MACOSX
Almost two decades ago, we created the first DJ software to truly conquer the club. Since then, it’s filled sound systems and dancefloors across the world, as well as house parties, bars, beaches, and everything in between. Now, with TRAKTOR PRO 3, we’ve built on that past to bring you new tools for sonic sculpting, our best sound quality ever, and our clearest interface to date – so you can play whatever you want, however you want, wherever you want.
TRAKTOR PRO 3.4.0 brings some long awaited browser improvements – foremost the introduction of Smartlists – but also improvements for the visual browsing experience. On the hardware side, this update includes the integration of the Rane Twelve MK2 controller. Under the hood, the update comes with substantial refactoring which leads to improved stability and many fixes of legacy bugs.
- Added Smartlists: Smartlists, also known as “Smart Playlists,” are playlists generated by a user-defined filter. All tracks added to the collection that match the filter will automatically show up in the Smartlist. A new Smartlist is created via Create Smartlist in the context menu (right-click) of the Playlists tree node.
- Added Secondary column sorting: the browser list can now be sorted by a second column via Shift-clicking the column header. This allows you to sort by BPM within a list already sorted by Key for example.
- Added RANE Twelve MK2 Integration: integrated tracking and mapping of the RANE Twelve MK2. Configuration is semi-automatic via the Setup Wizard.
- Robust media file tag access: increased robustness, fewer unexpected behaviors and fewer crashes in dealing with audio files metadata.
- Sharper User Interface (macOS): implementing new drawing mechanism on macOS which removes blurry UI or additional CPU toll.
- Sorting in iTunes node same as in iTunes/Music: the order of folders, playlists and SmartLists in TRAKTOR’s iTunes node now matches the order in iTunes/Music.
- Contextual search visibility: the contextual search icon (magnifying glass) is now only visible on hover, which makes the track list look much cleaner.
- New browser columns added in place: new browser columns in the track list, are now added to the left of the selected column and thereby instantly visible.
- Improved expand / collapse in browser tree: expanded and collapsed states of browser tree nodes are now visualized and controlled by a leading triangle. The mouse interaction is now identical to the macOS Finder.
- Expanded / collapsed states restored on restart: the expanded/collapsed states of all browser nodes are now correctly restored after restarting the application.
- Row color picker in all columns: the color picker menu, so far only available in the Color column is now available in all columns of the track list.
- Improved track list row coloring: the saturation of the row coloring and the color dots in the Color column has been increased for better visibility.
- Redesigned browser icons: the icons used in the browser have received a facelift making them more consistent and readable.
- Improved browser space icons: the spacing of the browser tree has been slightly increased to improve usability.
- Increased track list font contrast: the contrast of the track list font has been increased for better visibility when scrolling.
- Search bar highlight: the Search Bar is now highlighted when in focus which prevents overlooking an active filter when browsing.
- Improved default browser layout: the default column layout has been overhauled based on their frequency of use.
- Improved track list collection and drag destination highlights: the highlight when selecting an entry in the track list and when dragging a track onto a playlist has been dimmed to make it easier on the eyes and increase readability of the selected text.
- Refined Favorites, Track Info and Status Bar layouts: the spacing and layout of the Favorites, Track Info and Status Bar sections have been overhauled and refined.
- Improved scrollbar handle at smaller window sizes: the vertical scrollbar handle now has a minimum size at small track list window sizes for improved mouse control.
- Streaming error warning: the deck header now shows an error message if the player detects streaming errors.
- Release Date does not show month and day: the Release Date now correctly shows year, month and day value for all supported file types instead of defaulting to January 1st.
- Release Date is duplicated when analyzing mp3s: the Release Date tag no longer gets created a second time when analyzing mp3 files.
- Deletion of Grouping tags: the Grouping tags “contentgroup” (TIT1) and “composer” (TCOM) are no longer removed from the files, when closing the application.
- Keyboard shortcuts stop working when editing: keyboard shortcuts no longer stop working when editing the name of Hot Cues in the Advanced Panel.
- Sorting icon column by “missing” inverted: the icon column is now sorted correctly with the missing tracks on top instead of sorting them to the bottom.
- Non-Latin text input not showing in Favorites: special characters in playlist and folder names are now correctly displayed in the Favorites section.
- Search returns wrong tracks: a specific corruption of the Collection is now detected and automatically repaired, fixing incorrect search results.
- Loading from Finder loads the wrong track: a specific corruption of the Collection is now detected and automatically repaired, fixing wrong tracks to be loaded when loading directly from Finder into the decks.
- Certain JPG Cover Art not shown: JPG cover art imported from memory via drag and drop is now correctly imported and shown.
- ID3 tags of specific .m4a files not shown: ID3 tags of .mp4 files are now correctly shown, also when their tags are formatted as “mp4”.
- Search “All” does not exclude search in the UUID: the search in all fields now excludes the UUID of the tracks, which excludes meaningless search results.
- Search “All” only finds integer BPM: the search in all fields for i.e. “123” now also returns tracks that have non-integer BPM (i.e. “123.45”).
- Search for BPM, bitrate, catalog number broken: the search for BPM, bitrate, and catalog number no longer returns a syntax-error.
- Importing large music libraries is too slow: importing large libraries of 100k tracks from the Music app is no longer too slow.
- Lyrics from OGG, FLAC and MP4 not read / written: lyrics from OGG, FLAC and MP4 files are now correctly read and written to and from the collection.
- Columns in History List not shown: The rightmost columns in the History List no longer disappear when hiding other columns in that view.
- Unwanted vertical tree scrolling: the vertical tree scrolling is more stable now when browsing a fully expanded tree with the mouse.
- Dragging Playlist loses focus: the selection and focus on a Playlist is no longer lost after renaming or when dragging it into a folder.
- Crash when importing new tracks: this issue observed by certain users has been fixed.
- Crash when triggering “Search in Playlist”: this crash when searching in playlist while selecting a parent folder in the tree, has been fixed.
- Crash when rendering controller’s display: this crash observed by certain users in context of using a display controller has been fixed.